3 Ways to Transfer Everything from Old iPhone to iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus
So you finally have the large screen iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus at hand and are planning to sell, trade or give away your old iPhone. No hurry! Never forget to transfer all important stuff from your old iPhone to your brand new device. Once you have made the backup of your photos, videos, music, contacts and more and got them transferred to your iPhone 6, you can now erase everything in your old phone and turn it away.
Here, let's focus on 3 different ways in which you can migrate everything from old iPhone (iPhone 4/4S/5/5C/5S) to iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.
Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone 6/6 Plus with iCloud
This is by far the easiest method and it doesn't require a PC or Mac, but it relies on having iCloud set up on the original device. If you don't have iCloud set up or you have a slower internet connection, jump to the iTunes method below instead.
1. Back up the old iPhone manually with iCloud by opening "Settings", tap "iCloud", navigate to bottom and tap on "Storage & Backup", then tap "Back Up Now".
2. Boot the iPhone 6/Plus and walk through the easy setup, choose "Restore from iCloud Backup".
3. Wait until the iPhone 6/6 Plus restores from your old iPhone backup. This can take a while depending on the size of your backup, how much stuff you have on the iPhone, and the speed of your internet connection.
4. When finished, your iPhone 6/6 Plus will have everything from the old iPhone and you're ready to go.
Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone 6/6 Plus with iTunes
Don't have iCloud setup? Or maybe you don't have enough iCloud storage to backup it? No big deal, you can use iTunes to perform the migration. You'll need a Mac or PC though, so it's not quite as automated as the aforementioned iCloud method, but it's still extremely simple and it may even be faster for some users who have slower broadband connections.
1. Back up the older iPhone with iTunes by connecting it to the Mac/PC via the USB cable, launch iTunes, then right-click on the iPhone in the iTunes sidebar and choose "Back Up".
2. Wait for the backup to finish, then disconnect the old iPhone from the computer.
3. Now turn on the iPhone 6/6 Plus, and at the "Set Up iPhone" screen, select "Restore from iTunes Backup", tap Next, then connect the iPhone 6/6 Plus to the computer.
4. Select the most recent backup you just made from the restore menu in iTunes, then click "Continue".
5. Wait, and when the transfer is finished the iPhone will reboot itself and everything from the old iPhone will be on the new one and ready to go.
Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone 6/6 Plus with TunesGo
1. Install TunesGo
TunesGo is compatible with both Windows (8.1 / 8 /7 / Vista / XP) and Mac OS X (10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9). Download TunesGo and install it to your computer.
Then run the program and enter the connection window.
2. Connect Old iPhone and iPhone 6 with computer
Use the provided USB cables to connect both your old iPhone and your new iPhone 6/6 Plus with your computer. This iPhone transfer software tool will automatically detect the two devices. After that, you'll see both iPhones are shown in the starting window.
3. Move files from old iPhone to iPhone 6/6 Plus
Take photo transfer from your old iPhone to your iPhone 6 for instance. In the left sidebar, click Photos under your old iPhone category. The Camera Roll and the Photo Library will be shown on the right. Choose the folder(s) you want and then click Export to. In the drop-down menu, you can see the name of the iPhone 6/6 Plus. Click it to export the folder(s) to the iPhone 6/6 Plus.
What if you do not want to transfer all the photos? Open the folder that you want to transfer photos. Select the photos you want and click Export to to copy photos to the iPhone 6/6 Plus.